Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Losing Weight with Pizza

So yeah, for lunch...pizza.  You might say, "No wonder you are the Fat Man, Paul.  You didn't even make it a day since your big introduction and you are already falling off the wagon!".  Well just hold on and let me do some explaining...

Normally, I bake a frozen pizza--and eat it---ALL.  Yep, all.  Not good, yes?  But today, I cut the frozen pizza into eight teeny, tiny, little pieces and ate---ONE...Yes, just one and put the rest away.  And by the way, I have learned to put it away and fast!  If it's sitting on the counter top, I'm going to eat it plain and simple.  I can't have that temptation so I stick it in the frig fast.  For me, out of sight, out of mind

So with some simple Fat Man math, I ate one eighth of what I usually eat.  Throw in a salad and a bunch of water and I was good.  No hunger.  Since two weeks of smaller portions, my stomach (the organ not my belly yet) seems to have shrunk to the point where it no longer needs a raft of food to feel full.

For dinner I may have a bowl of cereal or chili.  A bowl as in one not the usual three or four!!!  Mix in me eating some fruit here and there, going some on the elliptical, and that's me fed and happy and losing weight today.

Well that's my plan.  I'm sure it's not perfect, but I guess I have to start somewhere...What's your plan? I would really like to hear it!!!

5 comments:

  1. DiGiorno makes a new "200 calorie" pizza slice. Tried one for the first time today. Made it in a pizza oven, not the nuker. It was not bad. I don't know that I could make a whole pizza and eat just one slice, so the prepackaged portion control helps me a lot. I like your plan - "real" food in moderate servings and healthy choices. Sounds like a winner ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love DiGiorno pizzas so I will have to look for that. Oh, with 2 kids eating one slice isn't always about willpower, sometimes that's all that's left ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through your video on YouTube, great idea! I'll be reading up and following you!

    Gray (aka GravyWithTheChips)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As pizza's biggest fan, I give you mad props for that! I am down to half of a Kashi frozen pizza... but it only gets made if somebody agrees to eat the other half. Otherwise, I WILL eat the whole thing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Congratulations--you are the man!

    I don't know. Maybe I have more talented pizza than you? You said when you put yours away, it's "out of sight, out of mind"--my talented pizza calls my name. Loudly. I cannot abandon it when it begs so earnestly to be eaten. snicker.

    With pizza, tho, if I do have only the appropriate amount available, I am satisfied when it's done and don't scrounge for other food.

    Sigh. Now I want pizza. I have to go find that gluten-free recipe I have.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete