Monday, January 7, 2013

Review of Tap Dancing to Work

My review of Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything, 1966-2012: A FortuneMagazine Book by Carol Loomis.

I really enjoy watching and listening to the wisdom of Warren Buffett.  I respect this track record tremendously.  However, what I really like is his ability to take a complex situation and boil it down to a simple, but wise remark.  I think he is brilliant.  So when I saw him and Carol doing the media blitz to promote this book, I knew I had to read it.  I didn't even take time to understand what the book was, I just instantly ordered it from the library.



I really was anxious to get into this book.  However, now I am so glad I only rented it and didn't buy it. I did not understand that it is basically a collection of articles written for Forbes magazine over the years.  The articles are about Warren (obviously) dating from 1966 to the present.  Before the reprint of the article, Carol Loomis writes a couple of paragraphs to bring the article up to date.  I have to admit I was disappointed.  Warren Buffett is such an interesting, albeit flawed person.  However, it did not shine through for me in this book :(  Fear not though faithful readers.  I have a great book on Warren Buffett that I will feature in my next review.

No comments:

Post a Comment