Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award
I just want to say thank you so much!! I will try to find several blogs that have not yet received the award.
Next, I was tagged by Julie from Taking the Fat Out of Skinny. So to start, I need to answer her excellent questions...so here we go:
1. If you could go back in time would you change anything? Yes, most of us would change many things I suppose. However, we don't really know if the changes would work out the way we want them to. So, I try not to live in the past because what is the point. The only thing we can change is today.
2. What book are you reading right now? Forty Acres and a Fool By Roger Welsch
3. What is your greatest accomplishment? Surviving as a parent for 14 years!!!
4. Where do you see yourself this time next year? Here blogging, but 30 lbs lighter.
5. Name one thing on your Bucket List. Buy a boat again.
6. Are you a winter or summer person? SUMMER
7. What truly annoys you? People who think they are better than others.
8. What is your dream car/truck? I never was into car/trucks--I am happy with my '05 Ram pickup
9. Do you have any hobbies? Yes, I think of my blog/videos as a hobby. I also like to paint and play fiddle and guitar.
10. Are you a morning person? Sure
11. Tea or coffee? COFFEE
Next I am supposed to tell you 11 random things:
1. I have 2 kids...a son and a daughter.
2. I like to watch the stock market.
3. I used to live on 30 acres.
4. My wife still owns a horse.
5. I have cable TV, but only watch maybe an hour worth a week (I think I am going to quit it)
6. I find watching Youtube videos, more fun, interesting, compelling than cable TV.
7. I am active on Facebook on the "YouTube Weight Loss Community" page. Check it out at
8. I like all kinds of music, but favor country and rock.
9. My old laptop that is about 5 years old seems to have finally died.
10. I have never owned an Apple computer...guess I'm just too cheap.
11. Some people don't like to be tagged. I like answering questions myself, but understand why some others don't wish to play along, so I hesitate to tag others.
This post may be a contender for the "longest blog post of all time". I really appreciate all my readers and am grateful that you choose to spend a few valuable moments of your time with me!!! Thank you so much!