Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Friends Down Under

One of my first posts ever on this blog was about internet friends.  It sure is nice to have some friends on the internet.  These are the type of people that will keep you accountable, as well as offer support, motivation, and inspiration.  I would like to introduce one of my internet friends to you.  His name is Tommy and he lives in Brisbane, Australia.  Tommy runs the YouTube Weight Loss Community on Facebook.  He also makes some great weight loss videos on YouTube.

Tommy wrote a very nice comment about my new book, Scrawlings of a Fat Man.  I received his permission to share it so here it is:
Great book & a great read covering many of the issues that most of us have or are currently dealing with regarding being overweight & how you have personally dealt with this by acknowledging your weaknesses, taking action, building your weight-loss plan & sticking to it. 

What I like particularly about your book Paul is that it allows the reader an insight into your story (to date) as opposed to just segments of the story which (to me) is kind of the experience I get when watching someones youtube updates. Seldom do we take the time to watch all of their past videos as this would be very time consuming & impractical therefore your not getting their complete story, but we applaud & support them in their ongoing efforts at whatever point we connect with that person. Your book allows the reader to connect to your story not only in the present tense but also in the past leading up to to present. 

Congratulations Paul - great book
Engaging, Relevant & Helpful. 
& only $1 :)


Wow, isn't that really nice.  That is better than any paid advertisement!!  All from a man I have never meet face to face.  That is truly the beauty of the internet to bring people into our life that we would otherwise never be able to meet.  As I told him if he ever gets to Michigan, or I get to Australia, I would love to have dinner with him.  Be sure to check out his videos and weight loss page on Facebook.  He is a great guy.  Do you have any internet friends that you have never met?  Have you ever met one of your internet friends in real life?  I would love to hear about it!

5 comments:

  1. Saw Blogwobbles post about your book today. Will be going to the Kindle Store to check it out later.
    I have been amazed at the support in the Bloggy world and have several "friends" that I keep up with regularly. I have not met any of them in person, but given the opportunity would do it in a heart beat.
    Good luck with the book Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Blogwobble was more than kind. I want to feature her like I did Tommy today. She is an Ausie, like Tommy - nice people down under!

      If you get it, I hope you like it, but no guarantees as it is my first attempt lol.

      It would be great to have a meet and greet with a bunch of weight loss bloggers! We could sit around and eat....salads with lite dressing lol.

      Delete
  2. What a great comment!

    As you know, I met Erin the other week from the internet, that was cool. I'd love to meet so many others too. I've made some great friends through blogging, twitter, facebook from all around the world. The internet certainly makes the world seem a lot smaller and friendlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Time. I really love that fact of the internet and sometimes I feel I actually take it for granted and don't fully appreciate the fact that with a click of the mouse, I am really communicating with someone a world away!

      Delete